• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do they make flares...

streetpirate

NAXJA Forum User
anyone seen flares that look like stock but give ~2" extra tire coverage?

I don't know if they look exactly like stock, but check out www.pacerperformance.com . They make various universal flares, and they are not too expensive. J.C. Whitney carries some of their products.

Bushwacker have two styles with the cut out ones you see most but also a pocket flare which is more like what you discribe but cant remember the extra width. Rusty's have also but they dont have a very good reputation.

I was thinking mor of the bushwacker extend-a-fender flares, but i havent actually seen a good pic of them on an xj, (pic on bw site blows) and the price drives me away from buying some and trying them out. 11.6in wide tread on a 10" rim with 4" bs. i figured id need about 2" more than stock flares, but im not lifting so big aftermarket flares would look silly, and i dont want that whole mexi look with the tires that stick way out past the sides of the rig.

TJ rear flares all around, let's you trim the fenders a bit and looks stock if you take your time. You can sand and paint to match (which is what you'd do with any flare if you wanted it to match).

redheapojeep_resize.jpg

RedHeapOjeep said:
TJ rear flares all around, let's you trim the fenders a bit and looks stock if you take your time. You can sand and paint to match (which is what you'd do with any flare if you wanted it to match).

redheapojeep_resize.jpg
Do TJ flares fit 97+ XJs or are the fender opening too different?

lazyxj said:

Ya, you have to do a bit of cutting and some mods to get them to fit either model.

rock rash said:
Those look pretty cool but, after looking over the installation instructions, you won't gain any additional fender clearance for oversize tires because, they glue on over your stock flares. So, if you had issues with the tires rubbing the flares.......they're still going to rub! Kind of defeats the purpose.--------Hans

lazyxj said:

yes they do fit on 97+ models... here's a bigger picture of my avatar, my 99 sport

SweetPoser.jpg

when you are doing it though be careful because the windshield washer bottle is under the driver side fender and if you are not careful you can cut into it creating a little problem.

Back