• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

more braking power some ?s

redneckjeeper94

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched on this issue and besides the rear disc conversion, What are some other (cheap and easy) ways to get more breakin power withuot a lot of fabbing and moeny lol. I know about swapping in other power boosters from 95-96 xjs but they had to modify them to make um work by switching the rods. Is that something i can do? is that a difficult thing to do. Wut are ALL of my options is really wut im saying. Im runnin 33's btw but 35s are in the future.

redneckjeeper94 said:
I've searched on this issue and besides the rear disc conversion, What are some other (cheap and easy) ways to get more breakin power withuot a lot of fabbing and moeny lol. I know about swapping in other power boosters from 95-96 xjs but they had to modify them to make um work by switching the rods. Is that something i can do? is that a difficult thing to do. Wut are ALL of my options is really wut im saying. Im runnin 33's btw but 35s are in the future.

I put a 95/96 booster in my 94 and no switching of rods was necessary. Truly improved braking performance probably isn't going to be cheap and not that easy either.

Geez, it's only been a freakin' hour! GIVE IT A REST.

I did the 95 booster swap on my 94 without modifying the rod or spacer.

Yeah man, give people some time!

'95 booster does well.

I had to grind the rod a bit to make it the same shape and same center bore as my '89 rod - was easy to do with a dremil. Other than that easy as pie once you get the new brake lines flared (going from the new master to your old prop valve seems to be the path of least resistance)

Yes it makes a difference.

And that is the only easy and quick upgrade you'll find (it's not always cheap). If you're serious get WJ front brakes and disc in the rear.

Anyone on here done the E350 booster swap?

i used a master/booster/prop valve from a 2004 rubicon. just had to modify the end of the rod with a file and drill to make it mate up to my 88xj. Oh yea...and i had to make custom hard lines to meet up with the new master.

it was well worth it. made the rear discs so much better.

Back