• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overhead Dash and Fluids

TsiDrummer

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, I have a couple of questions about my '89 Laredo. First up, I have an overhead dash, that's missing a faceplate. It looks like one of the newer cars thermometer/compass gauges. Is that what this is? and if so, is it possible to get another faceplate for it and make it work again?

Secondly, what fluids do y'all reccomend for the transfer case and rear differential? The front diff fluid was changed just before I bought it from some shop, and I don't know what fluid they used in that either.

Thanks for the help!

-Eric

Just bumping this up to see if there are any ideas.

I have another question too, is there a way to reprogram the ECU to accomodate larger tires? As of right now, I'm actually going ~5mph faster than what my speedometer says I am.

As for the fluids, I found what I needed, so the only info I need is about the overhead dash.

Thanks!
-Eric

I don't know about the overhead, but your speedometer should not be controlled by the ECU - both of my 89's have speedo cables. You'll have to change the gear, which is in the output housing of the transfer case.

I don't recall the maths offhand, but a Google for "Speedo Gear" or something similar should turn something up - I know there's a chart or two, and probably a calculator or two - on a couple of Jeep sites that can be used.

5-90

Back