• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tera low 4:1...LOUD!!!

BlackJacket

NAXJA Forum User
I purchased an 01' Xj w/ the tera low 4:1 installed and damn it's loud. I thought maybe the chain was sloppy and took it out last summer and had a good gear shop tear into it. All was fine. Does anyone have this 4:1 kit? Is it loud too??? Just askin. thanks

Chris

yeah..........its too loud so you will have to send it to me for proper usage. I will give you a stock one that isn't loud hehe.

P.S. sorry I couldn't add any real world experience, but I don't have any with a teralow------------Kyle

i can hear stock low range hummin with all my doors closed i would think a 4:1 since the input is spinning faster would be even louder? :dunno:

Thanks....ya, LOUD is the word. I also have done a t/c shifter conversion from Novak and hello!!! The noise is even better...er more clear, i hear it all and am thinking of an Atlas...or?

When I first bought mine(in my 2k),it had a terrible whine(In 4lo,it shouldnt make any noise in high since everything is straight thru) where you could even count the teeth.I immediately sent it back,they said that happened occasionally with the planeteries.Since then(3 years +),its been quiet.But since I installed the NV241OR I put in the 95 I can tell you it is still louder than the 241.

Last edited:
I just swapped in a 231 with the 4:1. It is just as quiet as without it. A little tricky with the 2 low but not loud at all.

Back