• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

high idle after cleaning tb

tokymon

NAXJA Forum User
hi i'm new to this jeep thing
89 4.0l/slushbox all original
just cleaned tb and iac motor along with new plugs/wires cap and rotor
now jeep idles at 1750 rpm
why?why?
help

tokymon said:
hi i'm new to this jeep thing
89 4.0l/slushbox all original
just cleaned tb and iac motor along with new plugs/wires cap and rotor
now jeep idles at 1750 rpm
why?why?
help
Let it dry.

And no more spraying the IAC port.

kk this was done last night now i just changed the idle air control motor and same thing
found renix fuel injection service model
tps voltage corect
any other thing i should check

Try squeezing the MAP sensor and checkthe small vac hose to it. If that doesnt work, check the 'cold start solenoid' - make sure its plugged in. Did you clean that too?

billybooster said:
Try squeezing the MAP sensor and checkthe small vac hose to it. If that doesnt work, check the 'cold start solenoid' - make sure its plugged in. Did you clean that too?
Am not familiar with 'cold start solenoid'. Is there another name for it and location?

After replacing the TPS and Cleaning the hell out the IAC and TB and letting it dry, I seem to get a vibration from the transmission housing, but only when the car is in gear. Park or Neutral and it goes away. Its on a 2000 XJ. Im stumped. Does the TPS or IAC have any effect on the transmission? Someone told me to check the torque convertor bolts. Are there 4 bolts on the outside diameter of the flexplate? Do those normally come loose. If so, could that be the vibration I feel?

Word of note, when I was cleaning the IAC, I turned it out of adjustment. It still idles just fine at around 600 or so. Could turning that IAC cause the vibration im feeling. Only reason I ask is cause it started after that happened. Is there any connection between the IAC and transmission?

Back