• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good Tires

Gnat5680

NAXJA Forum User
I need a set of 31 inch tires to fit on a 15inch rim and they need to be fairly cheap. i will use them for daily driving and i want them to look intimidating.
if someone has a link or a pic that would be great.

thanks!

I have these: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Kumho&model=Road+Venture+MT+834 in 35" on my DD/rockcrawler/work truck '85 Toyota. Got them because they were cheap and supposed to wear well on the street. Was pleasently suprised how well they work offroad (they can take a beating). Will be buying them for the Mrs' Cherokee when the 31" BFG A/Ts wear out (if they ever do!) I'll be going up to 33s ( more lifting and regearing) when she's not looking-------Hans

Last edited:
Gnat5680 said:
I need a set of 31 inch tires to fit on a 15inch rim and they need to be fairly cheap. i will use them for daily driving and i want them to look intimidating.
if someone has a link or a pic that would be great.

thanks!
just to look intimidating? try these then

009.jpg

I ran BFG All-terrains for a long time on my DD. Went for about $115 a pop when I first got them, aggressive looking, decent road tire, decent off-road tire. Only down side is they take a lot of weight to balance, and need to be balanced often.

bj-666 said:
i vote for Interco LTB's
as long as he only makes about a 3 mile round trip daily it would work nice.

Gnat5680 said:
where can i get some and how much?

yep, those are GREAT tires, get them for sure. You'll love 'em. Search on here for "thornbirds' and you'll read all the raving comments they're received. Plus, they look 'intimidating'.

Good call buddy.

ah chris i love your sense of humor? im running ltb's right now but when i go 6.54 come another two weeks im going with 35 maxis buck horns or super swamper truxus. but seriously those thornbirds man they are awesome !!!!

Gnat5680 said:
where can i get some and how much?
those tires suck, get something else for DD'ing

Yeah thornbirds are a waste. They are intimidating... thats about it. Good for show, daily driviing and wheeling... definately go for Super Swamper SSRs (great off road, and my frined has them, I dont mind them on road, but def a very aggressive tire) or look into Trxus MTs. Great off road and pretty damn good on road. Another friend has them and I havent heard anythign bad. I am getting a set of Trxus's very soon myself, and you can get a 31x10.50 for around $115 if ya look around a bit, so they are relatively inexpensive. I have been looking around for quite some time comparing tires and asking questions and thats my 2 cents

If your going to be doing any kind of wheeling in the mud...

HPIM0179.jpg

In the pic are 31" LTB's for like $125 a tire

I would probably consider these one of the best tread patterns of all time...they are exactly like the TSL, just a little cheaper and alittle more agressive.

Last edited:
Back