• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lifted problem

Chris01xj

NAXJA Forum User
I may have posted already, but cant find again. After I lifted my 01xj I get this weird wandering when I hit bumps. My steering stabilize does show some signs of leaking. Can a steering stablilizer cause my jeep to wander like this? Thats the
only thing that I can figure that would cause it to wander. Ok just found my old http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=79824
01 Now liftedpost but no replies to it.

Last edited:
yea I had thought about that over the weekend when I was changing oil. I noticed trackbar was way out of line. How can this be fix ? Get a adjustable track bar?

Chris01xj said:
yea I had thought about that over the weekend when I was changing oil. I noticed trackbar was way out of line. How can this be fix ? Get a adjustable track bar?
You would have to post a picture, adjustable trackbar wont change your relative angles(draglink to trackbar),but a new trackbar mount for frame side might(dropped), a picture would be very helpfull in this scenario.
Chris

use a picture host such as photobucket.com or tinypic.com, or you can send me the pic and I will post it for you.
Chris

read your original post. with only 3 inches of lift it should be easy to fix. Its called Bump Steer. Its a simple geometry issue with the front steering. the drag link and track bar not parallel. Either a drop pitman arm or a drop track bar frame bracket should fix it. Search on Bump Steer. YOu will be inundated with more info you can sort through.

Back