• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Code help

91xjtim

NAXJA Forum User
Today on the way home, the jeep came out of OD, the CEL came on and then stayed on. I got home went to

http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoECUcodes.htm

and got code 45 and code 55. The jeep is a 97, and to get the codes to come up, I inserted key(Did not turn) depressed the trip reset, the turned key on and off 3 times. It did a test on all the gauges and then displayed the codes. According to the site, this was a 98 and up test but worked on my 97. Anyway, according to the 98 and up codes 45 is Trans temperature/ Governor pressure voltage out of range. Less than 1.55 or above 3.73volts for temperature and less than .1 or above 4.89 volts. Trans temp. to high or low. OD switch input too low for more than 5 mins. I just bought this jeep on friday, and SURE dont want the transmission going out of it already. Inputs?

Thanks!!

I just took it out and there was no problems(Drove about 15 mainly highway miles). I disconnected the negative battery cable. Could it have been temp too low? As I had only been driving about 2 miles when it happened? And surely it wouldnt have gotten too hot after only two miles.

Back