• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering Pop/crack??

krelja

NAXJA Forum User
I'm getting a pop/crack when I turn @ slow speeds under 20 mph. It sounds like it is coming from the drivers side and sometimes I can feel it by my foot. I did a search and the problem was there but no one posted a fix. Ive been through the list of things axle u-joints, track bar, tie-rods ends, ball joints etc... I haven't checked the LCA mount but they are the RE superlfex and they are less than 6 months old. There does seem to be play in the steering linkage but it has been raining and I haven't gotten to it yet.

More than likely it's you track bar TRE, axle bushing, axle mount bracket or frame mount bracket. I found it very hard to get enough torque on the frame mount bolts to stop the poping for any significant period of time. The movement of the frame mount can lead to cracking of the frame in the area of the mount. So you do need to solve it.

X2 I Had the same problem. T-bar

Most likely it is loose bolts on your track bar frame mount. This is very typical, and many here have had to tighten the bolts regularly. Some (like me) have ended up welding the track bar mount to the frame to eliminate the problem.

Back