• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 30 spool

dirtbikestud66

NAXJA Forum User
is it worth spooling a d30 front with stock axles or will they break every time i go play? my rear d35 has a spool and it works like a dream. this is going on a trail xj only.
THANKS

is this for real?

nominee for quote of the year.
dirtbikestud66 said:
my rear d35 has a spool and it works like a dream. this is going on a trail xj only.
THANKS

so are you on 29 or 30 boggers

the rear has not broke with the spool yet, and is not on 30's it on 35's, well right now its on space savers and a steel wheel because some body cut my fence an stoled the wheels and tires and droped it on its axles, so i think is on like 20's now.

Last edited:
dirtbikestud66 said:
the rear has not broke with the spool yet, and is not on 30's it on 35's, well right now its on space savers and a steel wheel because some body cut my fence an stoled the wheels and tires and droped it on its axles, so i think is on like 20's now.

Wheel it with the doughnuts on it. Those should be the only tires you have on a D35 spool.

i had the 35 on there for a year and never boke an axle or any thing on the d35. it may just be stronger than most. really i dont know why it has not broke yet, but it works and thats all i care about

d35, spool, lead foot, 35's, and NOT BROKE=:bs:

Check out Crash's writeup for D30 info...
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=70422&highlight=dana+30+tech

I run a spool (lincoln locker) in my disco D30. U-joints might fail unless upgraded. Everyone seems to have different luck, but the guys I know who wheel with any type of locked D30 all break U-joints. 31's, 32's, 33's...I have seen them all break U-joints.

That said...it is totally worth it to lock up a D30. Carry spare shafts and have fun!

Last edited:
dirtbikestud66 said:
lol, i have a disco. is a disco stronger or something? i just want to know is the front axles will hold up to a spool? dose anybody have a spool in a d30?
did you ask NAXJA when you spooled your 35 and ran 35's? if you did everyone would laugh and think it was a joke. obviously you went ahead and did it anyways. who knows if it will break? do it, run it, come back with more folktales.

Back