• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some Insight possibly? Warning numbers included

IcedXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Okay so now I have my list of parts that I will be ordering and getting in. I have some planning issues to tackle.

I could run the rustys 6" buldge flares or just get a set of 4 of rusty flares. I could re-gear or just keep stock gears. let me a give a layout....

Optima Yellow top - 170
Alternator - 140
Starter - 150
Distributor set - 300
oil pan - 80
AC Compressor - 100-200?
truck avenger carb - 389 (something like that)
Air cleaner - 67
KN Fliter - 60
Headers - 300-400
misc - 400
gears (4.11) - 300
instillation kits - 20-50
new brakes (rear) - 50
new differential cover (possibly) - 100 or so
Warn differential covers - 160 for 2
possible dual electric fans - 30-60
--------------------------------------------------
3106 bucks plus the 1200 already out of the budget...

so 4300 and the budget is 5000....

Now with that what are some other mods you guys think I should do? I mean there is anywhere from 700-1000 in budget to play with.

oh wait....

ZJ Coils - 100-125
New rear leafs - 250
---------------------------

so that is down to 4650 out of 5000.....
any suggestions? and any corrections on the prices...this is off the top of my head.

I say find a good junkyard and save yourself a LOT of $$$

Alternator - 140 ($30)
Starter - 150 ($20)
oil pan - 80 ($10)
AC Compressor - 100-200? ($15)
new differential cover (possibly) - 100 or so (make your own)
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=78632&highlight=rear+swaybars+good+for+nothing
ZJ Coils - 100-125 (why? - you can get aftermarket coils up to 8" for $150)
New rear leafs - 250 ($25 dakota leaf pack)

These are a few ways that you could save some money...

yeah I am doing the gear install...

Well I have to go to the junkyard and get a new dashboard. Someone got into my buddies XJ and tore the stereo out and f'ed it all up....you cannot mount anything back into place....and stole his 6x9s

IcedXJ said:
truck avenger carb - 389 (something like that)

It all looked good until I got to this line.......a carb? The only things I own with a carb are my lawn mower and my leaf blower. Neither runs very well on inclines, they smoke a lot, they use lots of fuel, and they make me lightheaded if I run them for too long.

I'm betting your experience will be similar.

Take $1200 out of your budget and fit an Accel DFI system.......

there are a few carb makers that make an off-road version that works better on hills. i dont remember the name of the carb but i believe either jegs or summit carries it. thoses two also carry the efi for carbed vechs'.

Back