• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift to Axle Question

93XJ-Sport

NAXJA Forum User
Im gona order a 6.5" lift from either Rusty's or Rough Country, an some 35" Tires, what all axles modifications do I need to do? Its going an a 1993 XJ with Dana 30 front/ Dana 35 rear.

Well the search button solves all your issues...

oh yeah, re-gear, lock, and toss the 35, unless you want to open a parts stand in the middle of a trail somewhere.

IcedXJ said:
Well the search button solves all your issues...

oh yeah, re-gear, lock, and toss the 35, unless you want to open a parts stand in the middle of a trail somewhere.
So would the front be ok if I lock and re-gear it? What gears do you recomend?

Last edited:
Search for CRASH's write up for all your questions about that - titled "Dana 30 Tech" While you are at it read the Dana 44 Tech also. Good read!:read:

PAPXJ said:
I thought 8.25's only fit up to 4.56?
you are correct. rash knows that, he was speed typing while hittin the elbow

my super 30 has held up locked on 36's ( they measure 35's)

skyjackedxj96 said:
you are correct. rash knows that, he was speed typing while hittin the elbow

my super 30 has held up locked on 36's ( they measure 35's)
yeah thanks, i was heading out the door...you are right. if you get a mj or xj 44 go for 4.88s. 4.56s wouldnt be too bad especially if its a dd. i have 3.55 with 31s and its pretty good. going to 33s soon and will probably regear to 4.56 in time. unless i come into money to rebuild a 9" and 44.

you need to know how to fab up mounts....I am not 100% sure of the tools

but a welder, torch, angle grinder, um...i think that would be about it
just need to get your measurements right..

Go find a Grand Waggy or any FS Jeep....and pull the front axle off...use the search b.c you have to some bracket for the steering I believe....Check it out...If you have the tools, and the time, you can do it.

IcedXJ said:
Go find a Grand Waggy or any FS Jeep....and pull the front axle off...use the search b.c you have to some bracket for the steering I believe....Check it out...If you have the tools, and the time, you can do it.
Ok, theres an old house by my brothers place,nobody lives there(all in jail, aint that some shit) with a an old FSJ, Cherokee I think, Ill check it out.

Back