• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dakota 8.25?

Sting25

twitter.com/cmchadwick
I have a line on a dakota 8.25 axel for cheap It is already geared 4.56 so would save me some money short term. Is the width the same as the XJ 8.25? I have not seen the axel yet to measure. I am planning on changing the perches and shock mounts. Any reason I shouldnt use a Dakota 8.25?

I will be running 33's

Cool thank you guys, maybe I will just pull the gears then in put them in my XJ 8.25 for now then, and in a few months switch to the d44 or 8.8 like I should.

I appreciate the help

RyleyF said:
It has a 6 lug bolt pattern for one...

NOT necessarily true!! It depends on the year, the early Dakotas where in fact 5 lugs and although I am not certain, I believe they would fit a XJ/TJ/YJ/MJ.

BUT If it is 6 lug its a bastard six lug...(NOT 6on 5.5) and only 27 splines. Just something to think about.

I do believe it would be wider thou and someone already mentioned.

i was thinking about doing the same thing. Puting a dakota 8.25 in my XJ cause it had a LSD it in and i could have gotten it for few. I would have to reweld the spring perches ad shock mounts. But i was told it wasnt worth that much of work cause it isnt THAT much of an improvment over the D35...

Back