• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.5 HEADER

vette75406

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I've searched and found out I can have a Borla, Clifford or a Pacesetter header for my 84 4 cylinder automatic xj . Anybody know of any problems with any of these I should be aware of such as quality and fitment with a automatic trans.

is it worth putting an aftermarket header onto an 84 4 cyl?

cal said:
is it worth putting an aftermarket header onto an 84 4 cyl?

Not if you are reusing the stock intake and carb..

yeah, if he said 94 4cyl, i wouldnt have looked at it in the same light.

Which Pacesetter header did you find to fit the Cherokee? I questioned Pacesetter about one for my 1993 and they said that they did not have one and were not sure about using one for a Wrangler.

it is currently carbed with a weber 2barrel kit, phase 3 cam from mopar , the head was bowl ported when reworked and fuel injection is in route, pacesetter will more than likely have to be modified from what i've read. the clifford apparently works with out mods and the borla looks like it may even bolt up to the factory pipe not sure though.Thats why the question to see who had run ino what problem with there install , When I get the efi in hand I want to swap out the exhaust at that time, thanks for the info.

Back