• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hiem at the pitman arm..

mack

NAXJA Forum User
this may sound dumb, but can you mount a hiem on top of the pitman arm? it seems to be the only way i can get the right angle, i put it ontop it check, it clears every thing and the hiem is not maxed out, so does it matter it if on the top or bottom of the pitman arm?

i have sock one, and i have a skyjacker drop one, i can't find one in between them...
the hiem is threaded all the way into the tube already too.

How much drop is the skyjacker one?

ZJ pitman arms are somewhere around 1/2" lower than stock.

i want to say it's 4"
cal said:
How much drop is the skyjacker one?

ZJ pitman arms are somewhere around 1/2" lower than stock.

mack said:
this may sound dumb, but can you mount a hiem on top of the pitman arm? it seems to be the only way i can get the right angle, i put it ontop it check, it clears every thing and the hiem is not maxed out, so does it matter it if on the top or bottom of the pitman arm?

The right angle? What do you mean? Do you have a weird track bar bracket that is higher/closer to the frame than stock???

The OEM pitman arm and the OEM track bar bracket are aligned correctly, that is, they pivot in the same plane. If you raise or lower one, you have to raise or lower the other the same amount. Same goes for the TB and drag link at the axle side......

i have the RE frame mount trackbar bracket, RE HD trackbar, skyjacker drop pitman arm, with this steering
itimage01d.gif

the draglink sits a bit lower then the trackbar.
CRASH said:
The right angle? What do you mean? Do you have a weird track bar bracket that is higher/closer to the frame than stock???

The OEM pitman arm and the OEM track bar bracket are aligned correctly, that is, they pivot in the same plane. If you raise or lower one, you have to raise or lower the other the same amount. Same goes for the TB and drag link at the axle side......

thats because you bought something from sky crapper (did they powder coat it red too!!)

why in the hell anyone would ever need a 4" DPA is beyond me

its hard to tell from that pic, but it looks like the RE kit puts it at about stock location, maybe a 1" drop. there for you need a stock, or 1" DPA. Now i know i can find about 15 places to get a 1" DPA. heres a few

RE
RUSTYS
ROCK KRAWLER
ZJ STOCK PA

all will drop it 1"

but seriously, 4 freaking inches......thats for like microscopicpenisitis amounts of lift

Back