• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shim question?

DurbElites

NAXJA Forum User
i need to bring the ring gear closer to the pinion and i cant shim it anymore so what do i do? the pattern has contact on both sides all the way across but it just doesnt look deep enough only (maybe, maybe) 3/4 of the way down is this enough or how else can i move the gears to have deeper contact?

DurbElites said:
i need to bring the ring gear closer to the pinion?
thats backlash, your talking about pinion depth, you need to shim the pinion out?. how many rears have you done?

Last edited:
three of them but never like this all c clip on prerunners. i just need to run deeper which is that pinion or backlash because the pattern is ok just needs to be deeper?

Last edited:
No way anybody is going to be able to understand what the heck you're talking about ("...the pattern is ok just needs to be deeper?" makes NO sense)
without pictures.

DurbElites said:
the pattern has contact on both sides all the way across but it just doesnt look deep enough only (maybe, maybe) 3/4 of the way down

DurbElites said:
the pattern is ok just needs to be deeper?

you are speaking chinese here. find out what you are talking about and we can help you.

Back