• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vibration of doom

red91xj

NAXJA Forum User
I have this HORRIBLE vibration sometimes when shifting from first gear to second or second to third. It only happens when letting the clutch out, once the clutch is out no vibration. It did it in reverse twice today too... Never starting out in first though, only starting in second or shifting into second or third...

WTF could this be?

TIA

:explosion

Clutch chatter is usually a sign of a clutch that has been "slipped" too much or is about worn out. The excess slipping of the clutch causes heat cracking in the flywheel and pressure plate, which creates the chatter.

Changing out the clutch disc and pressure plate, along with having the flywheel turned/replaced, will be the best way to clear up the problem.

yeah thats what i figured... I guess after 250someodd thousand miles its about time to replace it huh? lmao... that clutch was a champ...

eh... im not looking forward to that...

Back