• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE's HD Super-flex joints

Lonestar

NAXJA Forum User
I was on RE's website and noticed that they are offering two new HD super-flex joints, one using 5/8" bolt and one use 3/4" bolt. Does anyone know if the HD joints offer the same degree of missalignment as the two non-HD super-flex joints?

Bryan

does anyone break the "light duty" RE joints?

ive had them on my arms for a year or so, never had an issue, i like them better than the currie joints

tealcherokee said:
does anyone break the "light duty" RE joints?

ive had them on my arms for a year or so, never had an issue, i like them better than the currie joints

I'm not concerned about breaking the joint itself. I'm looking at them for the use of larger hardware. I like the idea of using a 5/8" or 3/4" bolt for a 2 link radius arm setup, since those two bolts are the only points that hold the front end in place.

I have saw one in person a few days ago at a local shop thats a RE dealer. They look beefy but the problem is to get around the same amount of misalignment, they make the overall width smaller of the sleeve. The outer sleeve where you would mount tube such as on a control arm, is only like 1.5" wide. Its a good idea to use bigger hardware but it would be really difficult to mount it to a piece of big tube for LCAs.

AARON

MrShoeBoy said:
I have saw one in person a few days ago at a local shop thats a RE dealer. They look beefy but the problem is to get around the same amount of misalignment, they make the overall width smaller of the sleeve. The outer sleeve where you would mount tube such as on a control arm, is only like 1.5" wide. Its a good idea to use bigger hardware but it would be really difficult to mount it to a piece of big tube for LCAs.

AARON

How wide are the "light duty" ones? I was planning on welding a 1-1.25" dia. threaded rod to the joint so I could have some adjustability to the arms. So if they are 1.5" wide shouldn't be a problem. I was going to call RE on Monday to get some spec. on them.

2" wide, im pretty sure the HD ones are the same 2" they just look narrower because theyre bigger

but everyone uses the lighterduty ones, currie are the same size bolt, tnt, claytons, everyone, ive never once seen one of the bolts break

tealcherokee said:
but everyone uses the lighterduty ones, currie are the same size bolt, tnt, claytons, everyone, ive never once seen one of the bolts break

Yeah, the regular LG joints use a 9/16" bolt (grade 8 or L9 sometimes). I've never heard of a bolt breaking in that application.

I talked to RE this afternoon. They told me that the HD joints offer more misalignment than the non-HD ones. The 5/8" one (which is the one I'll probably buy) is 2 5/8" from ball end to ball, same as the regular 9/16" joint. The housing for the 5/8" joint is 1.5" long and 3" diameter. They said that the 3/4" joint is roughly the same diameter.

Back