• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stilko toilet paper oil filter

tugalo

NAXJA Forum User
Gents, I need a little somethig this forum is famous for.....a little help.
I need the large "0" ring that fits between the two halves of a Stilko oil filter.
Don't ask why I don't have it anymore.........

thanks.....bob

you never heard of a toilet paper oil filter.....I remember when I was a kid (that was a few moons ago)...my father would take a roll of toilet paper in a nylon stocking and place it the can that held the oil filter, guess it worked.....was probably better than a Fram...lol

I'm going to get one of those for my rig. I'm also going to go to Burger King and take one of their paper napkin dispenser boxes and use it for an air filter box. All I have to do is take a napkin off each end once a week and I'm good to go. Have It Your Way!!! Besides it'll fit in well with the #10 can filled with steel-wool that I use for a muffler and the sandpaper glued to the wood blocks I use for brake shoes!! :jester: :repair:

I've run toilet paper oil filters for almost 40 years. I have one on my jeep. The oil doesn't break down because what breaks down oil is water combining with the sulphur in the oil and carbon. I change the filter roll about every 1k miles and then add about a half a quart.

My filter is a Frantz brand from

http://www.wefilterit.com

Whatever happened to those flat oval shaped ones froma few years ago. They were supposed to be the cats ass for filtering, think they were like $150 but the filter was cleanable....

I didn't know they still made those toilet paper kind of filters. My dad used to have one on one of his old muscle cars, but I don't remember which one. ( don't get the wrong idea, he didn't have money. he was just your typical redneck with a bunch of vehicles that would barely run). If I rememeber correct, he changed it to a regular type cause he didn't like changing it too often.
Just talked to him and he said the o-rings for his were a standard size that they sold at any good auto place, of course that was like 20 years ago and likely a different brand filter. so...

GM used those cannister filters up into the early 70's. I think the Amway filters are toilet paper filters too but not sure..

Hi There

The Stilko filters are available and they still using the name but you will have to order from South Africa. I live in England and they send me stuff.
I must say that i have been using them for 15 years and have saved loads and my trucks are great and its a tissue roll but don't use a toilet roll cause it will damage your engine!!!

their website works but i by order buy phone and its in ZA Rands so its CHEAP CHEAP!

SCREW THEM OIL COMPANIES!!!

Happy days

King_Pepe:us:

old_man said:
I've run toilet paper oil filters for almost 40 years. I have one on my jeep. The oil doesn't break down because what breaks down oil is water combining with the sulphur in the oil and carbon. I change the filter roll about every 1k miles and then add about a half a quart.

My filter is a Frantz brand from

http://www.wefilterit.com
X2, 40+ years here with the Frantz unit!

If you need the O rings check out home depot or Loews, they have some large O rings in their water filter section.

Yesterday I would have said that you are way, way too young. People were using toilet paper rolls in their filters going on 60 years ago when I was in high school. I had no idea they were still around. I keep waiting for someone to say "April fool".

i wonder if they make a paper towel filter for big rigs?

How do these compare to the "metal" reusable/cleanable oil filters? I saw one in JRations (sp?) magazine....

Back