• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

yjs have track bars?

GPRSDLYT

NAXJA Forum User
i happen to glance at one over the weekend and notice what looked to be front and rear t.b. the front i can understand, but rear? friend of mine was thinking of fabbing one up (for his xj) he does alot of towing and gets lateral movment.
any suggestions/comments.....

the YJ have soft spring as compared to the CJ that is why the rear TB. it would help on the XJ

Many, MANY years ago, my first car was a 1950 Hudson. The rear was leaf spring, as were all cars back then, and it had a rear Panhard rod -- which is what we now call a track bar.

Absolutely, if towing heavy trailers and getting tossed around by the load, a rear track bar would help keep everything straight and happy. Since the YJ used essentially the same axles as the XJ, it's very likely that a YJ track bar could be adapted to the XJ without much effort.

Back