• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no start

Hanz_Gruber22

NAXJA Forum User
yesterday after i replaced the valve cover gasket, i went to hose off the engine area to get the oil off. it ran before it got the hose. but after hoseing off, it wont start. no water in the distributer, rotor is dry as are the plugs. the coil is not getting any power and no fuses are blown, i ran a test light to all the fuses as well as the coil, any advice

Test the CPS, I just replaced one on my 96 and had one go out on my 88, right after a motor wash. Check the MIL codes and see if you have a code 11 or something else.
You also have to check the coil to cap wire, it can get wet under the boot, I've had it happen.

8Mud said:
Test the CPS, I just replaced one on my 96 and had one go out on my 88, right after a motor wash. Check the MIL codes and see if you have a code 11 or something else.
You also have to check the coil to cap wire, it can get wet under the boot, I've had it happen.
well i went out yesterday during my lunch and tried to start it and it fired right up, so ya uh where ever the water was dried out. my thought now is where could it have been? everything from the coil back was dry and the coil itself was not getting any power. any ideas where it could be so i can try to water proof it now, then say when out wheelin, and i end up being "that guy"

Back