• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys 8" STS springs arrived today, concerns

XJguy

NAXJA Forum User
Man these things are heavy! They look well made though, they do arrive pre-scratched and rusted...but thats fine Im not gonna knit pick over a part that will see much abuse soon. But what I am a bit concerned about is the the rubber bushings which are miniscule compared to the ones on OEM leaves, maybe at 8" lift the smaller bushings are used to offer a bit more lateral control and less sway? Also mine look pre-aged, they are cracking and look like bushings you would find on a 20 year old car. Any feed back on this?

Oh by the way, the springs did arrive in a very timely manner and I had no issues with shipping what so ever. Just so you know that things do arrive on time at least some of the times from Rusty's.

XJguy

The last thing a unibody vehicle needs is thinner bushings. Not only is it harder on that already-suspect spring hanger, they transmit a bunch of noise into the cab.

CRASH

I dont know how different the sts are from leafs that come with the longarm kit. I would think they would be the same but my leafs came perfectly painted and and brand new rubber bushings. I dont understand how they could be smaller maybe a picture is in order

XJguy said:
..... They look well made though, they do arrive pre-scratched and rusted...but thats fine Im not gonna knit pick over a part that will see much abuse soon. But what I am a bit concerned about is the the rubber bushings which are miniscule compared to the ones on OEM leaves, maybe at 8" lift the smaller bushings are used to offer a bit more lateral control and less sway? Also mine look pre-aged, they are cracking and look like bushings you would find on a 20 year old car. Any feed back on this?
What did you expect? Typical Rustys products. You get what you pay for.

LawlessXJ said:
Rusty's must be going through some growing pains resulting in some serious QC issues across the board.
"With over 25 years in the off road vehicle industry, we know that this hands on experience has given us the advantage and knowledge that very few of our competitors have" - www.rustysoffroad.com

Growing pains? This guy has been in business long enough to get his act together. I am still amazed he is still in business.

Blah blah blah blah.

Hey pair8hd, It is really old hearing people like you.

XJguy didn't ask what you thought about Rusty.

Nowhere in your post is there anything constructive about the question.

You have a beef with a vendor, take it up with that vendor or don't buy his product.

Tired of the crap,
Crunch

25 years? Maybe on a small local level, but not inter-nationaly. I've only recently seen his ads in the rags and how long has he been on the net... 5 years? ALL company's can get caught with too much business for them to handle properly... especially in the mfg. business... I hope he works through it. Then again it may not be that at all...

Note: I've bought from Rusty's in the past with no problems.

Now back to XJGuys thread...

I don't know how long Rusty has been in buisness in the Jeep aftermarket market., but I do know he has worked in the Off-road racing market in the past.

I also have several of Rusty's parts on my rig and have no problem with them.

Ditto what Crunch said, there is a difference in talking about a product and bad mounthing people like a ________.
BTW, my 6" STS came in fine shape and the bushing seem equal in size to any other aftermarket rear XJ springs I have seen.

Im not making a big deal, I was just curious to see if anyone else had seen this. The condition of the bushings are a bit of a concern, but Im not going to go through the trouble or expense of replacing them or the springs, Ill just use them until their eventual premature failure.

XJguy

Back