• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Pump Power (or the lack there of)

diskokid

NAXJA Forum User
I recently replaced a cracked exhaust manifold on my 93 Cherokee.
After I put it back together it will not start. I did some
trouble shooting and found that it is getting spark but not gas.
So I thought I would see why. I checked to see if the gas pump even working.
I found that it is not getting any power. I switched the relays to see if that was
the issue. It had no effect. I also tried to see if I was missing something so I
checked the wiring scheme. I saw that the auto shutdown relay tied into the fuel pump relay. So I switch this relay also.
This had no effect. The wiring scheme and saw that there was ballast resistor bypass relay.
I am not sure where this is or what is does. I am not sure why I can not get any power to the fuel pump. I think this is the only issue stopping it from starting. It cranks over just fine and if you put a little gas in the TB it will run for a second. Any help on this issue would be great.
Thanks

I posted about 3 pages worth of information on fuel pump power problems. Do me a favor, when you turn the key to run, do you hear the pump? If you dont leave the key in that spot and sit in the car for a few minutes and listen to hear if it starts to power on....do the search, there is plenty of info out there.

Thank you dvmo4 for the reply. I don't hear anything. As I said it does not get any power. It never powers on. I know that it only runs for a little bit at a time. I even took a tester and set under the jeep for some time just to see if it ever got any power at all. Also I did the serch on this forum (even used the advanced features) on cherokee america and on google in gerneral. I must have missed the post you speak of. When I searched on your name I did find it. It does have some interesting ideas that I want to try. I'll get back to you when I find out more. I also think I need to get a multimeter. I just use a test light right now. Thanks again.

Back