• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

factory roof rack stuck on 97

Jeff C.

NAXJA Forum User
Hey--

Is there any trick to getting the factory roof rack buttons unstuck on a 97? If not, is there any way to remove them if they won't slide?

Are you talking about the rectangular button that you push? Mine got jammed up too. Take a screwdriver and pop that piece off. You'll see the spring loaded pin inside there. You'll be able to lift it up and move the rail. I don't move mine around that much so it's not too big of a deal.

riverfever said:
Are you talking about the rectangular button that you push? Mine got jammed up too. Take a screwdriver and pop that piece off. You'll see the spring loaded pin inside there. You'll be able to lift it up and move the rail. I don't move mine around that much so it's not too big of a deal.

I had to dio this, but mine fell apart after I moved them, and couldn't get the buttons back on. didn't matter , as I was removing them.

Yeah, my mom tried to move mine around and chipped off a little piece of the plastic part that you push in. Good thing she didn't break the whole thing off... But yeah, careful with those buttons (along with all the other crappy plastic parts you can break on your Jeep... : / )

riverfever said:

also wd-40

Back