• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just an inch or so....

JoesXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I need some more elevation for my rear (haha) Anyway, I have a 3.5" lift consisting of front springs and rear leafs. I have a rack with tire on top and the weight of that, plus my recovery gear in the back make the jeep sag a little. What’s the best way of getting it up 1 or 1.5 inches? I was thinking shackle, but what the hell do I know…any reasons why not or suggestions.

shackle, not blocks, adjust your bumpstops accordingly so you don't invert the leafs.
might want too look into beefin your pack with an s-10 or dakota spring, or another long AAL.
Search bastard pack for the s-10 and dakota spring ideas. There's a long thread with much detailed info and pics about it.

87manche said:
adjust your bumpstops accordingly so you don't invert the leafs

Is that possible?? I was thinking of going with TNT 1.5" shackles, didnt even think about the bump stops...thanks!

I have spacers and they work fine. I wouldn't suggest going over 2" with them. No real basis for this, just seems like you really should be buying new springs if you are going over 2". I have some up country springs that I need to install for 3"

How's the old grand rapids? Im from there nad havent been back since christmas.
cheers

Back