• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

350 Swap

Smittty9785

NAXJA Forum User
Hi i got a 1990 and i got the 4.0 in her but she is getting old almost gtting to the 200k mark and i njust need a new motor. and from what i understand the 350 is not that much more so has anyone swapped a 350? if so whats the stats and the price paid if you dont mind me asking thanks, matt

you should check out how long that engine will prob last. there is one post on the OEM forum that has engines going 300k + . stick with that 4.0

why replace something that still works? wait till it breaks then put in something better!

well i got the money thats why i want to do it, and i want a reliable rig so i wont break out on the trails and yea i was thinking of going to advanced adapters, they are only like 15 miles away.

,.........pssss,
..again.."if you dont mind me asking"-And no we don't mind
..do a search in ye olde archives here at NAXJA first -
I have an earlier version of the XJ that had a very tired 2.8 liter engine and switched over to a 1995 Chevy 5.7 liter LT normally aspirated engine block with a few modifications -It does make good economic and engineering sense for anyone would is contemplateing replaceing their engine-Relative to useing some other engine/ fuel-injected setup-It is easy to find cheap affordable parts-Ford 302 , Duramax and other combinations are less common.

Smittty9785 said:
well i got the money thats why i want to do it, and i want a reliable rig so i wont break out on the trails and yea i was thinking of going to advanced adapters, they are only like 15 miles away.

This is quote of the day material......you want a reliable rig, yet you want to install a 350? Time to re-think that plan.

Also, for California emissions, please remember that you need a donor vehicle the same year, or newer than the vehicle the motor is going into. Your best bet is to swap the entire driveline from a Chevy truck (if you realy want that junk).

I updated my sig in honor of this thread!

Want reliability, run the 4.0L.

Engine swaps = time + alot more money than you think.
Trust me, I am finishing up putting a TBI 4.3L in toyota pickup.

Think about the rewiring, cooling system work, adapters, mounts, ect.. that all goes into it. You could have the 4.0L pulled, rebuilt, and back in with a couple of easy days work.

Probably for half what you will invest in the chevy swap.

Back