• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender Flares

97XJ Jeeper

Semper Fi
anybody have a problem with the factory ones coming off all the time. do they just snap down in that channel or what?NAXJA

there are bolts on the inside of the fenderwell that hold on that metal track which sandwhiches the flare to the fender. However they are poor quality aluminium and tend to break off when you losen the bolt to properly re-assemble the flare. i ended up drilling a couple holes and used some hardware to reassemble the flares.

any pics on how to do that

Last edited:
There are a few pics of the flat-bar replacments I made for my fender flare mounts on my web site. I just took flat-bar, bent it and cut it to match the angle of the origionals ; drilled the holes in the drill press, and painted with heavy duty battleship grey primer for good measure. Pics are on page 16, www.cardomain.com/id/the_bandit87. To attach them on we just used nuts and carriage bolts. It worked out pretty good. Edit: turns out there is only one pic, but you get the idea

Last edited:
Back