• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

measurement needed.

I just took the trash out, so I grabbed a tape measure and a flashlight. I assume you meant front eye to rear eye and not side-side. Mine are 57" from eye to eye. I'm sprung over using the original rear springs which shouldn't really make a difference. Maybe 100 lbs of crap in the bed at the moment. It's also a standard bed.

dont do that. use the main MJ leaf, cut the eye off and put it in your current pack. add more to get your desired lift. they arnt designed to be put in a xj

what do you mean by not designed? Have you tried this?

there will be some mixing and matching to get what i want. I'm only goin for 5" of lift...will cut the overload leaf to use for adjustment...prolly take a few itterations to get the right combo of static height, rate, and travel. The goal is for 12" travel shocks.

(edit) oh, i understand now...misread what you were saying. I will be making custom front mounts that move the bolt forward 3", like Goatman has. that is why i needed this measurement.

Last edited:
ahh i see.
is there a link to where you got this idea. sounds cool id like to look.

I dont have a link, but I got the idea from Goatman here on NAXJA. He's running the MJ main leaf with some Chevy leafs under it...IIR. I am curious...how much lift would MJ springs get me with spring over XJ and 1.5" lift shackles? assuming i keep the front mount the same height. Can someone take a measurement for the height of thier MJ springs when loaded? distance from a line connecting the eyes to the bottom of the pack?

I'm thinking i heard somewhere that they would give about 4" with a stock shackle...so 5.5" with the 1.5" lift (6"long) shackle. like i said, the goal is to keep the jeep at about 5" of lift and fit some 12" travel shocks up into the rear floor inside the vehicle with a flush mount on the axle tube. I'm thinkin about 4.5" of up travel before the bumps hit...then that would be about 6" of droop (assuming 1.5" BS compression and verticle shocks)

would i need a longer slip yoke in the DS on a Tom Woods CV shaft i already have? guess i can just measure, but does anyone know how much one of those can travel?

Back