• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

01 exhaust manifold on a 95

xtrememtbiker85

NAXJA Forum User
My buddy is putting an header in his 01 xj w/ 4.0 hoand i need a manifold for my 95 (4.oho cracked) will his Free 01 manifold fit and work in my 95? ( i did noticed it looks alot different)

We also both have high flow cats, poweraid tb spacers, K&N intakes and flowmaster series 40 mufflers, but his exhaust sounds much better much throatier. Why? Is it the newer style intake manifold, or the different 01 exhaust manifold or what else?

the '01 exaust manifold's are 2 pieces, they will bolt up... but custom exaust work would be in order. stock, a cat bolts to each manifold, near the block with 02 censors then they y together and go to a third cat with another 02 censor. they are cast iron also. would be cool for duel exaust.

I wanted to do it with a H pipe near the block then run two pipes into a duel inlet mufler and out as a single pipe. would be dificult to rout the pipes. anybody think it would be wourth it?

What if i just use a stock 01 down pipe and plug the extra 02 holes? Is the manifold why the exhaust on the 01 osunds better?

My 2K has the split manifold without the mini-cats. There are bolts plugging the holes on the manifolds where the o2 sensors would go.
HTH

Back