• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Right styeering pump trouble...

TortureTested

NAXJA Forum User
I have rockkrawlers high steer kit, there adjustable track bar, BDS steering stablizer, JKS quick discos
SO i bought a 40% better pump from quadrateck.
I was wondering if this is the steering box because i got underneath and it turns fenominal to the left but does not move alot to the right.

Can you fellas help me out with this one before i spend $ on mopar when i can be getting an aftermarket one thats BETTER! What www.com site would have some heavy duty

I thank you all and keep the replies coming :repair:

Something I got in the habit of doing with Dodges. Unhook the (steering shaft) input to the box and drag link at the pitman. Turn the steering box input from lock to lock by hand and find the center. See how the in shaft, alignment (eyeball) and the pitman line up. If they are misaligned, it's possible to go past the designed (full turn stop) limits of the box.
Centering the box is actually where alignment begins, not from the ends in.
I don't know if Lares still does this or not, but 20 years ago, they would build stuff off of the shelf, that required very little modification, most any ratio you wanted and was as heavy duty as you could want, for a reasonable price.
If the box isn't centered and goes past the designed number of turns from stop to stop, it can (will) damage the box, blow the seals out or both.

I also noticed that the pinion arm is at a decent angle thats connected to my high steering kit. Maybe leveling it out would do it.

I ask because i want to eventualy go up to 6' or 61/2 and im woried about driveline vibes and cant afford an SYU or a rear axle. Bottom line is i gotta get that case up and armored. Im ahead of myself here due to no money but when i get some then i'll look around.

Do you guys think i can take the 1" spacers off & put it bacl up with no problms?

Back