• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Bumper Tire carrier

quality and not real expensive don't go together... how much do you want to spend? cheapest i can think of is the c4x4. anything cheaper is pure crap!

I don't think any bumper for XJ's are cheap.

rookiexj said:
Ok, around $450.

looks like you're fabbing one up yourself then buddy... JCR and C4x4 have the cheapest quality ones I've seen and I think both of them run about 650 ish

email or call rigidco. i think the bumper itself is within your budget, and you can add the carrier later if you want. or just get the carrier end cap and fab up the carrier yourself. also, tomken makes a bumper and carrier.

if your budget isn't flexible, i think your best bet would be to get a quality rear bumper that you can add on the tire carrier later

otherwise, nates is a good choice

96mdxjcountry said:
detoursusa.com

hasta

X2
i just installed this one at Detour's shop today. you can get the bumper alone for $400+ and how about getting the carrier frame later? he can build it with the carrier support already in it. foor for thought.

xjswingout02.jpg

http://www.detoursusa.com/xjbumper.php

Hey Mike I have a quick question for you. My XJ is a 2000 model, and I was curious about the fit of the wrap around rocker protection. Every picture of the Detours bumper that I have seen has it on a pre-96 XJ where the rear OEM flairs are different. Do they make one that will match the lines of a 96-up rear flairs, or will there be a gap there? I was just curious how it would fit on a newer XJ in relation to the rear OEM fender flairs. Thanks in advance!

LilRedRover said:
looks like you're fabbing one up yourself then buddy... JCR and C4x4 have the cheapest quality ones I've seen and I think both of them run about 650 ish

i thought the rigidco rear bumper and tire carrier was $500 approx. (not including shipping). I thought the rear bumper minus tire carrier was $250-$300.

JCR is a great company also with a great warranty and good guys.

If your willing to spend $450 thats in the ballpark save up a lil or go just a boumper route, and add carrier later

i own nates4x4 front bumper, it goes nice around the curves of a 98, the gaps, are identical to the 1/16th of an inch everywhere, and looks really sweet, but his rear bumper, especially the one in the link is horrible, what about the corner panels?the back of it seems fine, but the corners? he needs to do some adjustments....
besides, here is pic of mine with nates4x4 that i love...

Img_1677.jpg

2005_0718JUNE05HISZPANIA0426.jpg

Nate, if you design something fitting the rear of a 98 as nice as the front, let me know:)
so far, im leaning towards detours...

Back