• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

removing Steering Dampener

GusDaDog

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to replace my steering dampener but am having an unexpected hell of a time. The end with the bolt through the eye came apart perfectly fine. The end with the pin out the side through the steering rod is my problem. I removed the castle nut but I just cant get that attached lug through the rod! Its not threaded into that rod is it? My replacement part certainly isnt. It just looks like its a pressed in fitting because of the tapered shank. I tried a hammer, I tried ball join fork, I tried a pully puller.

Help!

Wow thats such an awsome feature. Very cool of you not to burn him with a useless put down. Thats why I love this Site. I like this thread it helped me when I first learned to seach. Removing steering stabilizer? Still cant allways find what I need.:angel:

XJedi23 said:
Wow thats such an awsome feature. Very cool of you not to burn him with a useless put down. Thats why I love this Site. I like this thread it helped me when I first learned to seach. Removing steering stabilizer? Still cant allways find what I need.:angel:

Thanks. Related links has saved my butt more than once, and why be rude with a useless put down? No point...

Back