• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Powertrax No-slip install help

'95XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Installed a Powertrax No-slip locker in a 27 spline 8.25 today and everything has gone well except for the tire spin test. I can get the driver side tire to spin forwards and backwards, but can not do the same for the passenger side. I've taken everything apart and reinstalled but still can't get the pass side to spin. Any helpful info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
My Aussie Locker did the same thing, cleaned off the grease and spin tested great.

once I got all the proper parts / cross pins / springs, it took an average of 1-2 hours to install.

[QUOTE='95XJ]I just put the cover back on filled'er up with oil and just drove it hoping that it won't go boom :D

On the first turn it made a really loud pop, and then it started working just fine.[/QUOTE]
exactly what mind did. i didnt care as long as it was locking, but it did fix itself.

On another note. How reliable are these lockers? Anyone have problems with it self destructing?

Right now I'm running 3.55 gears with the no-slip and 32's, but my longterm goal is to build up the spare 8.25 I have laying around with 4.56 gears and a Detroit.

BTW, thanks to all that replied :D

I've had a Noslip in my 8.25 for 1.5 years with numerous off road trips and no problems other than poor on road behavior. When I get on the gas the XJ wants to go right, when I let off the gas it wants to go left.

Gary

I put a Powertrax in my D35 and it worked fine for a year or so. One day one of the traction rings rotated slightly and would not engage. This resulted in 1 wheel drive (passenger side). I cracked it open and reinstalled it and it was okay. However, the tab on the spacer ring broke and had to order a new one.

Sharp U-turns often resulted in an embarassing bang but great grip off-road.

OBX Fisherman said:
I've had a Noslip in my 8.25 for 1.5 years with numerous off road trips and no problems other than poor on road behavior. When I get on the gas the XJ wants to go right, when I let off the gas it wants to go left.

Gary

On road the locker has been amazingly well behaved. There is a slight feel of understeer powering through turns and going through corners at highway speeds and the occaisional thump as the locker disengages other than that it's not bad at all. Since I live in the Great White North, I had the opportunity to play around in a snow covered parking lot after the locker install and I couldn't believe how effortless it was to do multiple donuts :D

Back