• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

84 XJ Transfer Case

CombineAg

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for a transfer case for an 84 XJ. It is the v6 4x4.

The numbers are scratched off the stupid thing, so I am not totally sure which one it is. I believe it is an NP229...after that I cannot read the number. It is either an A or a J?

[email protected]

I have an NP 229 and trans adapter in my garage. It came out of an '84-'86 model w/2.8 and auto trans. It looks like it's just been gone through and freshened up. I bought it because I needed the front output yoke and just couldn't get it to come off in the 'yard,so I pulled the whole thing. I thought maybe I could use the rear output yoke for myself on my 231,but the yoke was too big to fit on it. So,it's taking up space! Give me what I've got in it and it's yours! $50 + shipping (I paid $75 for it and sold the front yoke for $25):D

Last edited:
Sorry,dude! I was mistaken! Mine's a 228. It's basically the same thing,only the 229 uses a viscous coupler to connect the front and rear outputs and the 228 uses a more reliable gear driven coupler. It will still work,it's just not a 229. Let me know if you're still interested! :D

P.S.-The shipping will be almost $90 for UPS ground :wow:

Damn Mike where you getting your shipping prices?

Mike,

I am trying to find something closer to avoid that big shipping charge, but if I cannot find something, I will just try to find the $$$ and get that one from you.

So, I am not totally out on that yet. I'd actually like to have an NP 228 instead probably.

I'll let you know.

Back