• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thrust angle?

LilRedRover

NAXJA Forum User
Got the XJ aligned today and it came out perfect, even though I have the crappy Rustys set up on this one.... however, the print out state that my thrust angle is 1.28 degrees... which means on an axis my passenger side is cocked 1.28 degrees farther ahead than my drivers... my question is if fatigued springs or a seized shackle (greasable that I'm not very faithful to) could be the cause of this. Anyone have any ideas? This summer I am putting on new springs and shackles anyways, but if I have some other issue I haven't thought of, I don't want to waste my time.

anybody know... help or am I just going o have to tear the whole damn thing apart

Maybe its just a Monday morning built Jeep and things aren't perfect. Can you keep it between the lines on the road? Any unusual tire wear? I would not worry and just wait til you do the suspension mods and recheck it.

You could easily be that far off just in the perch/center pin fit-up.Loosen the u-bolts and try it.

just put some full widths under it then jump a railroad track, then get it realigned. :p

That's way high. Thrust angle is usually .3 degree at most. And, it's not measured per side, but is the angle of the whole axle relative to the vehicle centerline.
Check your spring center pins, they're probably bent/busted

JJacobs said:
That's way high. Thrust angle is usually .3 degree at most. And, it's not measured per side, but is the angle of the whole axle relative to the vehicle centerline.
Check your spring center pins, they're probably bent/busted
I.E. the ones that go through the middle of my leaf pack?

LilRedRover said:
I.E. the ones that go through the middle of my leaf pack?
yes.

Kyung

Back