• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PT4Low no worky?

klonestar

NAXJA Forum User
Tried all suggestions for getting into pt4low and no go. Acts like its in neutral. So for adjusting the linkage (upon using search) is the correct method for a 90'xj 242 to put in 4low and retighten clamp there?

Thanks,
Ken

Found another post about if adjusting in 4low doesnt work then readjust in 2wd position. So I start by setting in 4low then if it still doesnt go into 4low I readjust w/TC in 2wd?

Is the factory clamp on rod a good set up or would I benefit by threading the rod and adding lock nuts to both sides of clamp? (or is this detrimental or simply not necessary?)

Thanks,
Ken

mine must be out of wack too. neither 4wd works for me on my 271. its like its in neutral but i can hear the tips of some gears teeths hitting. im not worrying about it tho cuz im putting in an ax15. but how would i fix this? so x2 here. i need to knwo too

Well I tried the linkage adjustment and the rod is frozen to the clamp. Was suggested in this case it may not be a problem with the linkage adjustment then. Gotta get back to the guy I bought it from to see if the 4low ever did work.

klonestar said:
Well I tried the linkage adjustment and the rod is frozen to the clamp. Was suggested in this case it may not be a problem with the linkage adjustment then. Gotta get back to the guy I bought it from to see if the 4low ever did work.
Ok then it never worked for you.
In that case I would try to adjust it.

Back