• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check Engine Light

jeepboy_90

NAXJA Forum User
My check engine light came on a few weeks back on 1998 XJ. I have been not driving my Jeep due to a new baby at home, but today I went out to get some things and the light came back on. It has a slight hesitation every once in a while like it is starved for fuel or the trans is sliping 100%. It will on due it a part throttle ethier taking off from a stop or at freeway speed. I checked the cap and rotor, looks good. Any ideas? I am going to pull the code as soon as I get my hands a reader.

Did you get codes yet?

If it's almost like a sputter that the Jeep is donig, thats exactly what mine was doing the other day. I pulled 3 codes off of mine that all popped up at the same time, o2 sensor #2 voltage too high, TPS, and a Trans fault, but apparently you need a special scanner to read the codes off the tranny. Everything is running fine now, and was untill all 3 codes randomly decided to pop up.

Back