• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Seats

yes they will fit, with a little ingenuity and not very much modification at all

If you have a later model XJ, you can use WJ seats as a direct bolt in. You just have to swap the mounting rails from your XJ over to the WJ seats, and it's a direct bolt in from there. The mount holes on the XJ seat rails are the same pattern as the WJ seat mount holes.

I just installed some leather '03 WJ seats into my '98 XJ at the cost of $195, and that included shipping. A lot cheaper than seat covers alone for my old beat up XJ seats....

Keep in mind that the motors for the seat adjustments are located on the mounting rails of the WJ seats. So you'll loose those functions when you swap the seats over to the non-powered XJ mounting rails. Besides, how hard is it to adjust your seats manually?

The one thing I kept an eye out during my seat search, was for the manual recliner lever option, which ususally comes on the Laredo WJ model seats. I didn't want to mess with a power recliner model, and have to deal with how to make it work. Those type of seats are actually cheaper to find than the fully powered ones....

I have WJ (99-04) cloth seats in my 2000. ZJ 93-98 Grand Cherokee are supposed to fit also, reusing your XJ floor brackets.

As everyone has already said, yep they'll work. Both ZJ & WJ seats will bolt up to 95 and newer XJ seat rails. They won't bolt up to 94 and older XJ rails.
If you'd like the power seat bases in your XJ that has manual slides, your best bet is 95-96 XJ Country models. Most have powered bases and they bolt right into 97+ XJ's also. The only 97+ XJ with BOTH front power bases are the 99-00 Limited with heated leather seats, optional in the '01 Limited.

OK heres a question.. I just installed power WJ seats in my 93 xj. I switched over to xj manual seat brackets. These particular wj seats didn't have the manual back adjustment. Does anyone know how I can swap over to manual or at least jimmy the seats to a better position for my back? I got such a good deal on these seats I didn't even pay any attention to the lack of a manual back recliner. :nono:

"Does anyone know if there's an application that will fit a 94XJ?"

As far as I know you have the newer style seat rails and you can directly bolt on WJ seats. Correct me if I'm wrong.

phreaker76 said:
"Does anyone know if there's an application that will fit a 94XJ?"

As far as I know you have the newer style seat rails and you can directly bolt on WJ seats. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you mean the 94 has the raised lip for the front mount on the front seats, then you are wrong. The seat mounts changed in 95. 84-94 have the same mounts.

phreaker76 said:
OK heres a question.. I just installed power WJ seats in my 93 xj. I switched over to xj manual seat brackets. These particular wj seats didn't have the manual back adjustment. Does anyone know how I can swap over to manual or at least jimmy the seats to a better position for my back? I got such a good deal on these seats I didn't even pay any attention to the lack of a manual back recliner. :nono:

Please post some pics of how you got these into your 93

Thanks

Back