• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiator swap

Rudy

NAXJA Forum User
Well the fins are blowing out of the the stock rad. and I have to drive with the windows open and the defroster on full, so I bought the GDI 3 row. Is there any suprises I should know about ? or is it a straight forward swap?

On my 1993 it was pretty much straight forward. The only thing I ran into was the top bracket running from the A/C condensor to the rad was too short now. A piece of strap metal the right length, hammered into the right shape and drilled fixed that. It took some time to do as you have to pull the fans and crap. If your Jeep still has the quick disconnects on the tranny lines you may want to pick up some new ones first as the old ones don't always survice. Also I had some difficulty getting the tranny lines to seal at the tranny line/rad junction. Wee bit of teflon tap helped that.

Sarge

Back