• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help plz

monoxidechd

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone this is my first time posting on naxja. Ive tryed searching for this question but I couldnt find anything. I have a 96 xj which in just the last month I put a 3 inch rough country lift and 31s on and I moved the track bar to aligned everything again, had an alignment done, and a t-case drop so no vibes. Ok the problem Im having is this, when I go over a short bump which the best way to describe what I mean is its almost like a speed bump in the middle of the road cuz some of the roads here suck. So what happens is the rear sometime kicks out, most of the time its really nothing but sometimes it can be quite violent. I was wondering if the aal is causing a problem or is something there Im missing? Any help would be great ,so hopefully someones got an idea thanks.

Things to start.

Did you replace the shocks?
Tire Pressure?
Shackle bolts too tight, too loose, if you messed with them?
U-bolts tight?
Bad alignement?

It kicks usually to the right side. I replaced the shocks,didnt touch the shackles,I checked the tire pressure and had the alignment rechecked. Its very strange its almost like the rear hopes off the ground a little and it comes down a few inches to the right,likes its not coming straight back down, its very odd. I was wondering if it was mabey something to do with the aal. Do u guys think maybe I should use some of the springs of my other parts xj and my mj and make a full spring pack lift?

Back