• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gas/Brake line routing with LA's?

nhrocker

Jackstand wheeler
What have other people done to fasten the gas and brake lines down the inside of the frame rails after installing TnT's or similar LA kits? I have 6 half inch bolts sticking out on the inside of the rail where the lines are supposed to run. I still have access to the holes where the one way fasteners are supposed to go, but if I put them in than the bottom two hard lines are bent out around the bolts. I know direct contact isn't a good thing, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do with them. Thanks!

Anyone? I know there are plenty of you out there with the TnT or similar kits, or bolts from sliders that got in the way. How did you mount the hard lines that run down the inside of the drivers frame rail to avoid the bolts?

I drilled new holes where i could and relocated the one way fastners. Where I couldnt and the lines looked like they could still touch by vibrations I put some split tubing around the bolt ends with a litlle adhesive and everything still looks to be safe from rubbing.

Aaron

yeah, like mentioned, remove the retainer clip and go get some 3/8" rubber hose from Autozone, split it and it works great. Make sure you get all the lines, they're all pretty important.

I went to Autozone earlier today and picked up some tubing. I got two different sizes to match the two sizes of lines. I picked up the cheap windshield washer and vacuum line tubing (non reinforced rubber). I got it in .2" and .375" ID. Smaller stuff for the brake lines, larger for gas. I only picked up 2 feet of each, though. I had figured I would cut it into like 2" pieces for around each bolt and zip tie all the lines together at those points. Would it be better to just pick up enough to run the entire length of frame rail on all the lines?

nhrocker said:
I went to Autozone earlier today and picked up some tubing. I got two different sizes to match the two sizes of lines. I picked up the cheap windshield washer and vacuum line tubing (non reinforced rubber). I got it in .2" and .375" ID. Smaller stuff for the brake lines, larger for gas. I only picked up 2 feet of each, though. I had figured I would cut it into like 2" pieces for around each bolt and zip tie all the lines together at those points. Would it be better to just pick up enough to run the entire length of frame rail on all the lines?

I just cut it a few inches long just were it needs to be to prevent rubing. The only downside I can think of by completely covering the tubes might be moisture.

BTW, I used the same thing washer tube.

Back