• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flareless

bgcntry72

NAXJA Forum User
I just stuck some 31's on and with 3.75" of lift and 4.5bs, I anticipate some grindage.(nod to Pauly Shore)
How do I go about removing the flares and covering up the resulting holes, mount points, and whatnot? What I would like to do is put some type of rubrail, like the ones I have on the edge of my drivers door, on there, maybe about an inch up. I was thinking of searching the marine store for the stuff that covers the edges of fiberglass on a boat. (rubber, u-shaped, sometimes with adhesive on the inside. That or herculine it. Suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
TIA

i'm not 100% sure but i think it was kychris who did this exact thing you are talking about it. if he doesnt chime in try pm'n him. again i'm not 100% sure it was him but it was someone i wheeled with once:confused:

cheers,

jj

I just cut my front fenders out last weekend. I cut them above the holes where the flares mount. I got some "welting" at a car upholstry place and used a silcone adhesive inside to help glue it on the edge wheer I cut the fenders. I thought it turned out OK. The fender will need to be breced after cutting because removing the flare mount area makes it really weak. I run 33" tires w/ a Rusty's 4.5 lift and I was getting a lot of rubbing to the point of bending the fron fenders. I no longer have this problem.

Back