• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ridding rough

mwm

NAXJA Forum User
When im driving it feels like my front end its trying to pull me all over the road, its really rough feels like im running over rocks and things non stop and its kind of jerky. Feels like the jeeps going to pull itself off the road sometimes. I just replaced the front U-joints when I put the locker in so it isnt those. I cant think of why this would be happening

Ball joints? Control arm bushings. It could be a number of things. You really need to get under there and check everything.

My front driver's side ball joint is in bad shape and I need to replace it soon. Recently, I've noticed a kind of weird humming/buzzing noise and it's harder to make turns/stay on the road unless both my hands are on the wheel all the time. Could that be it for me too?

Jeeping Girl,
Unless you've got a locker in the front end your tire pressures aren't as critical. I'd say you've got a bad u-joint/wheel bearing, those would manifest themselves the worst in a turn, when lateral load is placed on them.

87manche said:
Jeeping Girl,
Unless you've got a locker in the front end your tire pressures aren't as critical. I'd say you've got a bad u-joint/wheel bearing, those would manifest themselves the worst in a turn, when lateral load is placed on them.

Ah. Yeah, my dad just got one of his wheel bearings replaced on his Jeep... damn, that was not cheap. I really hope that's not it. I did just get it all checked out when I bought it about a month ago, and the only critical things the mechanic mentioned to me was the ball joint, so that's why I jumped to that conclusion. Hmm.

Back