• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need bumper bracket repair opinions please

85xjwoody

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, went wheeling yesterday and ripped my custom rear bumper off the unibody. I used factory bumper brackets and welded them on my bumper and bolted it to the jeep.
My problem is all the bolts ripped out of the unibody rail on the right side. Bumper and bracket are fine.
Any suggestions or opinions on what to do? I haven't gone and really looked at the damage yet. I will be in the garage shortly.
I was thinking of putting some brackets along side the unibody rail and welding the bumper brackets to the brackets I put on the unibody rail.
Lets hear some ideas. Thanks.

Kim.

if you wittle out the remainder of the sheet metal around those old nuts strips into the UNI-frame rail you can slide a piece of 2x5 tubing into the ~frame rail~ then drill from the cargo bed thru the rail and out the bottom and some 6" x 1/2" grade8 bolts thru the new rails,
- then weld your custom bumper into that..

thats how i have my rear bumper mounted and a spare tire and rear shackles with mj leaves swing on it, And its PlenTy Strong!!

any questions PM me and i'll shoot ya a link to some pics

-out

Pics?

Sorry, no access to a digital camera right now. I will try with my camera phone in the morning and see what happens.

Kim.

Kim, I'll try & get some pics of my mounts & send them to ya. JIM.

Back