• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dead temp gauge and seatbelt light??

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
Two things.

1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0, aw-4, 242, d30/d35, 4dr, 152k.

I have gauges. The temp gauge does not function at all. I have replaced the sensor in the tstat housing and the sensor in the block at the back on the drivers side. Both parts were the only parts that were offers for temp sensors for the 96 XJ from autozone. I know there are two different temp gauges (one for idoits lights and one for the gauge). I am not sure which one i bought from the zone. Is there a way to tell the difference between the two? Otherwise I guess I'll pull the dash and cluster and see if there is a problem. I bought this XJ with the temp gauge not working. I don't believe that the Jeep is overheating but I suppose that I dont really know. The electric fan only kicks on when the a/c is on.

Other question. Tonight the seatbelt like stayed on after startup. The buzzer stayed on for several minutes until I buckled the seatbelt. It did not go off after start up like normal. The light continued to stay on the entire time that I was driving. Any thoughts?

Thanks
mac 'another jeep in the fleet' gyvr

Back