• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 XJ interior guages

billybooster

NAXJA Forum User
For $500 I purchased a running, quite strong XJ, so I'm happy. Being in CA, all it took was a new O2 sensor to pass smog...anyway.....There is a square panel above the cig lighter that is below the clock. what on earth is it supposed to do - if anything? First time poster, lifelong listener lol. All hellp greeatfully received. thanks in advance.

billybooster said:
Thanks! Seems to be a great pplace to put something!
The board is almost ON the black part your see, yo if your gonna put something there, I "Think" your gonna have to remove the board completely, thus no clock.

This is what goes there: System Sentry (Thanks to Jeepzz) I think this is the place you are talking about.
xjdashsystemsentry.jpg

tgoff said:
This is what goes there: System Sentry (Thanks to Jeepzz) I think this is the place you are talking about.
xjdashsystemsentry.jpg
huh... assuming that's not a photo chop or fake.....
I have NEVER seen that before. Not on one single XJ. But who knows DC may have done some crap like that.

I found it on this forum. Search ODDLY OPTIONED XJ's and its in there by a post of Jeepzz. Page 4 I believe. I had never seen it before as well. Yes it is real (did some research on parts catalague) I think it was only offered 85 wagoneer? Here is the factory part number for the display 5600 0392. If you can still get it which I doubt if you can get it it requires all of the sensors and sending units wireing etc... so I wouldn't think of doing it but it does seem cool. I checked an it looks like part no longer exists.

Last edited:
imma honky said:
nothing. Blank space for the circuit board.

I've taken a part a couple of these things. They are a few different versions out there but they all have a circuit board for the clock behind them. I would think twice before screwing into them.

The sentry was very rare.

tgoff said:
I found it on this forum. Search ODDLY OPTIONED XJ's and its in there by a post of Jeepzz. Page 4 I believe. I had never seen it before as well. Yes it is real (did some research on parts catalague) I think it was only offered 85 wagoneer? Here is the factory part number for the display 5600 0392. If you can still get it which I doubt if you can get it it requires all of the sensors and sending units wireing etc... so I wouldn't think of doing it but it does seem cool. I checked an it looks like part no longer exists.
It would be kinda cool for a nostalgic(SP?) kinda thing.

imma honky said:
huh... assuming that's not a photo chop or fake.....
I have NEVER seen that before. Not on one single XJ. But who knows DC may have done some crap like that.

DC didnt modify cherokee's until 91.

88XJSport said:
DC didnt modify cherokee's until 91.

Actually DC didnt get their dickbeaters on the XJ till 2000 when they went distributorless. DC wasnt around till like 98. Chryco bought Jeep in 87 I think and really left the XJ alone till 91. Daimler hasnt done anything good for Jeep except the TJ Rubicon. Lee Iacocca = Teh Win :patriot: . Dr. Z = Teh Lose :skull1:

Back