• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

difference between pre97 and post97 chero

jeepj20

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a salvage 01 with 38000 on it to rebuild. I know that 97-01 are alike but I need frame and inner fender so I wondered if pre 97 would work. Has anyone looked at these models close enough to know for certain.

I would like to find some frame dimension drawings.

Thanks for any help.

the unibody is the same, as to inner fender i'm not sure, but most boneyards can tell ya what will cross over. they will usually err on the side of caution, so if their book says it'll fit, it'll fit. i'd be surprised if the inner fender is major different. my 87 got bent by black ice and power pole. the shop i took it to (my bad, jeep dealership) couldn't get it right. my bro bought a 93 GC with a salvage title and it's been great for him. if the unibody is bent and has never been tweaked before it can be made straight again, but gotta know what you're doing to get it there. good luck with it and hope yours works out.

It had never been wrecked before and I have a good friend who owns a body shop specializing in muscle cars. They have the talent to fix it and suggested I might try to find a front clip. Lots of older models available but the 97 up clips are pricey. I bought it for my wife and I want it right, might as well lift it while I'm under there.

Thanks again.

The factory service manual has details on frame and body panels. I see copies on eBay all the time. A good frame shop will have the specs to put the frame back into alignment. Check out car-parts.com

Back