• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 yoke and ujoint upgrade ???Mine Blew!

Elohim1

NAXJA Forum User
I have tore the universal joint and yokes out of my front axle today on the drivers side. I run 35" boggers with an ARB locker.

1)Where and what is a good upgrade for the dana 30 when replacing these parts?

2) Does the inner axle simply pull out (slide new one in) , once the hub is off?

Thanks Fellows.

Cromo shafts and big joints are the order of the day.
After that, you have to upgrade other stuff, because you've just effectively moved your weak link.

PAPXJ said:
On non-disco D30...yes
On disco D30...no

I assumed he meant the drivers side which pulls out just fine. You're right thought on a disco axle for the passenger side, you might need to pull the vacum shift motor and deal with the shift collar.

What u-joints were in your original axle? If you had the smaller 260x joints (1 1/16" diameter caps) you may be fine to just upgrade to the 297x (760x) shafts and joints (1 3/16" diameter caps). The best choice would be alloy shafts from a company like Superior. There are also alloy joints like CTMs, Yukon/Jantz, and Longfield, but none of those use needle bearings and are considered by many to be a bad choice if drive on the street much since they will always be spinning. the Spicer 760x is still a very strong joint and using it in alloy shafts is still a great upgrade.

Great info. !!! Thanks.

I can get the warn shaft for $119. I havent found price on the shaft which goes in the Hub.

Are these good shafts?

I haven't had any breaks with my Alloy USA outers, or the Yukon inners, for that matter.
Until I went with cromos, I was breaking at least two Spicer shafts per run.
Also, the Yukon Super joints are still going strong......

Back