• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WHO'S SYE/CV combo

435Mj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so i now know that i deffinitly getting a sye/cv. iv been looking at tom woods,high angle drivelines throught dpg, and AA. im trying to get the combo for the best price possible and free shipping or at least a low cost shipping. it stinks working on a budget but i think everyone in the XJ community has to deal with it. so if anyone has gotten their combo for a good deal please let me know. i have a p3 man. with the 231 TC and a 8.25 in the rear. thanks tim.

You know my plan. The DS from Jesse (High Angle) from Dirk at DPG.. $479... REMEMBER MY YOUNG PADAWAN LEARNER. SUPPORT & SERVICE IS AS IMPORTANT AS THE ITEM YOU BUY...

sye from performance off road. $169 shipped to your door. same shit as AA.

and i got a 2 3/4" ds made up with 1310 u-joints at six states in portland for $190. kick ass set up for a hell of a lot cheaper than the others.

cherowagon said:
sye from performance off road. $169 shipped to your door. same shit as AA.

and i got a 2 3/4" ds made up with 1310 u-joints at six states in portland for $190. kick ass set up for a hell of a lot cheaper than the others.

what are the specs of the stock u-joints vs the 1310 ones, is it just beefer? also do the new drive shafts come ready to go into the 8.25 or do i have to change that as well?( if it needs to be changed is that included when you by a new CV DS) i hope this makes since. tim

Rocketman said:
You know my plan. The DS from Jesse (High Angle) from Dirk at DPG.. $479... REMEMBER MY YOUNG PADAWAN LEARNER. SUPPORT & SERVICE IS AS IMPORTANT AS THE ITEM YOU BUY...

at the moment im leaning that way, just looking at all options. It's good to be a educated customer just doing my HW. wana swap out new front and rear DS u-joints tomorrow lol jk thos are my plans for tommrow , and to paint my rims

Last edited:
xj_toker said:
at the moment im leaning that way, just looking at all options. It's good to be a educated customer just doing my HW. wana swap out new front and rear DS u-joints tomorrow lol jk thos are my plans for tommrow , and to paint my rims

id give Jess at High Angle Driveline a call - he works real hard to make sure the customer is taken care of...

http://www.highangledriveline.com/

PORC SYE= $169
Front auto XJ drive shaft=$50
New ujoints for shaft=$18
Installed by me in a friends garage=FREE

Total=$237

Cost of doing it myself and learning in the process=Priceless

(man was that too cheasy to pass up :laugh3:)

Actually, the AA (Advanced Adapters) is NOT "exactly the same" as the PORC for $174 shipped. It looks virtually identical but is a cheaper China knockoff, machined to lesser tolerances. Will it work the same, probably,would I rather have one made here in the US and pay about the same price (nickles and dimes guys) once you get a package with a DS from Woody or Jesse?

YOU BET YOUR ASS I WOULD.

Try getting the owner of PORC to talk to you about some tweaking you'll need to do if things don't go perfect. Jesse, and Dirk (DPG) sure as Hell will.

i must admit, im an american made kinda guy. support our work force not the overseas. keep our men and women working. to much shit is made abroud. shit ill pay the extra money just because its from the states....anyway im done with that rant.

Last weekend installed an SYE I bought from Tom Woods Driveshaft, had minor vibrations and called and spoke with Tom himself. I knew the vibe was not from his product but wanted to discuss a diagnoses plan. We spoke for about 20 minutes over the phone about all the different reasons that I could have vibrations. That's service! We both knew that the vibrations were not from his product, but he wanted a satisfied customer. Highly recommend dealing with Tom Wood's and purchasing an SYE and shaft from them.
Tom

Rocketman said:
Try getting the owner of PORC to talk to you about some tweaking you'll need to do if things don't go perfect. Jesse, and Dirk (DPG) sure as Hell will.
I actually was on the phone with the mechanic from PORC while installing the PORC kit because I had a problem with a snapring fitting, he was very helpful and polite and was willing to do anything necessary to make it right.

I'm running the PORC kit and the front shaft, all for about 210 bucks total, and its a hell of a nice setup for on the cheap! No vibes, two 600 mile round trips, a mowing business, and a boat have been testing it, and its held up fine.

have you ever tried to talk to Alex (owner of PORC) about any problems you've had with stuff you've bought there? We are a very small shop and alex works 6 days a week most weeks. When he doesn't colby, shannon, and myself are at the desk and all of us have installed our sye kits more than a few times. the only person that you might not want to ask a technical question to is jeffery, one of the local high school kids that come in and just helps us with our shipping and what-not. I assure you that since we do very little radio advertising and no television advertising internet and word-of-mouth are the only ways we have to advertise and we will work with you to make sure you are happy

as for the quality of out kits they are produced by a company that is one of the leading OE and Aftermarken wholesellers in the nation and in over one year since I have worked at porc I can remember one SYE kit being returned to us because of a missed spot in one of the welds causing it to leak fluid. We buy these in shipments of 50 and usually go through them in a matter of 2-3 weeks to many customers, as well as many other off road shops all accross the united states, one in sweeden, and one in austria.

To all of you that recommended our shop I want to thank you very much for remembering about us and recommending us, and hope that we can continue to help you in any way we can!

BTW- I am a college student at the University of Georgia and get no pay besides my normal hourly pay (no commission or stuff like that) I just felt the need to put anyone's uneasy feelings at ease. Thanks again everyone!

Last edited:
Rocketman said:

Jesse and Dirk offer great service. But so does Alex at PORC.....you obviously have never dealt with him, and just assume because they have low prices, that their service must be bad.....

my PORC SYE has held up great, and I'm not easy on my junk

IntrepidXJ said:
Jesse and Dirk offer great service. But so does Alex at PORC.....you obviously have never dealt with him, and just assume because they have low prices, that their service must be bad.....

my PORC SYE has held up great, and I'm not easy on my junk
x2

I may not be as rough on mine, but it's holding up in mine fine. And when I was calling with questions they were extremely helpful!

Where as I haven't tested my PORC SYE yet (the t-case goes back in this weekend) They were great to deal with, and when I called with a question they gave the needed advise. Couldn't ask for better customer service.

By the way, for now I'm planning on using a front drive shaft from my parts XJ in the rear.

DAryl

PORC and front shaft here. BTW you still have to measure all the angles carefully so the pinion and shaft are with in a degree of each other to get no vibrations. Just slapping in the SYE and Double Cardan shaft wont get it done.

John

Another thumbs up for the PORC. The only thing I noticed about quality was that what I was putting in the case was better than what I took out.

Back