• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drop brackets for control arms?

LilRedRover

NAXJA Forum User
Really quick question that I searched for and couldn't find... What are the drop brackets for in the RE 5.5 lifts and do you need them? Reason I am asking is I got a great deal on some superflex arms and this upcoming month I am throwing in 4.5 zj coils and these UCA and LCA and some new leaves. Is there any reason I would have to get those brackets, I really want to avoid it as they chew up ground clearnance

anyone?

you dont absolutely neeed them but they are recomended for that much lift. I do believe youll get more 4.5 with those springs. Youre control arm angle will be a lil steep with no drop brackets. And that equals a pretty crappy ride.

yeah the zj springs are the same springs that come with the 5.5 XJ lifts, but it doesn't get driven on road too awful much. What I'm worried about is flexing and what not or tearing through the unibody.

get em, i have em they make a huge difference in performance on and off the road. they hang down, but where they are placed you dont really hang on them because the tire is there. only one time i have actually gotten hung on the brackets and that was only because i slipped off a rock and i would probably have got stuck on the frame rail or stock lca mount. get em.

I only hit mine when dropping off a sharp ledge. They are built tough as hell anyways, if they hit don't sweat it.

Get the drop brackets and braces- you wont regret it.The drop brackets re-locate the control arms to a lower position which provides better control arm angles (more level geometry on th CAs) and better handling/road manners.

Whats the census on the best LCA BRACKET?
Currie
RE
SKYJACKER
?????

the re drop brackets are worth it, the difference in ride qaulity is gigantic. Be sure to get the braces, it just makes sense.

Back